Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Reason for the Season


The boys and I went to 'Walk Through Bethlehem' (http://209.61.148.168/templates/System/details.asp?id=35870&PID=369056) on saturday night at Kings Avenue Baptist Church. We were fortunate to have friends join us. Amy and Chris with their little army and Karen with her two tikes. This has become a tradition for the boys and I. The boys get to learn about Jesus in a realistic setting. I am always excited to go every year. I want the boys to understand Christmas is not santa, elves, lights and toys. It is about the birth of Jesus. I know I can't get away from all the hipe of Christmas and Santa nor do I want to. That is also what makes Christmas special and transforming for a child. But by goodness the birth of Jesus should be the main point of the season. And try to get this across to them.....I will succeed!

No comments: