Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bicycling


We(the family) went bike riding this morning at Flatwoods Park. DH wanted to test out a new heart rate gadget he bought while mommy and the boys wanted a leisurely, fun ride. I used to roller blade along Flatwoods....prechildren. Also, DH and I used to bike ride as a childless couple. Oh back in the days when time meant nothing.

Anyway...the loop is seven miles. Evan is a great bike rider and rode without any complaints. Trey on the other hand. Well...let's just say he is learning how to ride a bike without training wheels. So his confidence is not quite there so we let him ride the loop with training wheels on. Have you ever tried riding seven miles in the Florida heat on training wheels. It takes much energy. I am very proud of him though. He rode the seven miles like a trooper with only minor complaints. He enjoyed the scenery and looking for wildlife. He saw a scorpion at one of the water breaks. He was thrilled and talked about if for at least two miles. Zane rode in the trailer and enjoyed the ride in high style.























Oh yea I almost forgot to mention..............
Do you see something new, shiny and purplish in the pictures? Yes....you guessed it .......my new bike. That is my birthday/Mother's Day present from my wonderful boys. . My bday was in May. I am sorry I forgot to mention it and the gift earlier. But do I really want to myself out there like that....NO!

6 comments:

Karlise said...

And where is your helmet Jen?? Congrats on the bike!

Holly said...

Looks like fun, but just thinking about it makes me wanna die from the heat!

Monkeys Mommy said...

7 miles for the boys...I'm impressed. The most Ben has ever rode is 4. I can't imagine how you ride in that heat down there! Love your license plate and bumper sticker!!!

Monkeys Mommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday too! I think our birthdays are a few days apart - I'm the 22. Are you a Gemini too?

Melodie said...

I got a shiny new bike for my birthday right before I got pregnant with Katie. I had to stop riding it when I got too big to feel safe, and I haven't been able to ride it since, because I don't have any way to take Katie with me. I want to get back out there, so I'll have to work on that.

Heather said...

Wow, I'm impressed with all of you!